If you are concerned about someone's mental health or wellbeing there is a variety of support options available to both students and staff. 

For students 

  • Your School. If you are a student you can talk to your academic adviser. 
  • Student Advice and Wellbeing. This University service offers support and advice on issues affecting your student life, with signposting and referral to more specialist services. If you are not sure where to go, this is a good place to start. Find them in the SL48 on the lower ground floor of the Paul Webley Wing.
  • Counselling Service. The University’s team of professional counsellors, and mental health workers offers confidential support. This service is provided by Student Advice and Wellbeing. 
  • The Disability and Neurodiversity Team. The University’s dedicated disability advisors can provide advice, guidance, and support to staff and students about a range of practical adjustments to your work or studies. 
  • SOAS SU Student Advice Centre. They provide an academic and welfare service that is confidential, free and independent of the University. They aim to give practical advice and advocacy to all SOAS Students.  
  • Mitigating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for mitigating circumstances. Your academic advisor will be able to provide more information. 

For staff

  • Human Resources. If you are a member of staff or manager your HR partner will be able to identify the support that’s available for you. 
  • Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Programme. Staff and their family members have access to a free, external, confidential employee wellbeing service. This might include anything from workplace, financial, legal, health, relationship, family issues or any other life challenges. 

Other sources of support 

  • Nightlineis a confidential listening and information service run for students by students. Call: 0161 275 3983. Lines are open 8pm – 8am during term time. 
  • Samaritansare available to talk about anything that’s troubling you, no matter how large or small the issue. You don't have to be suicidal. Call: 116 123. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 
  • Anxiety UKoffers support, advice and information on a range of anxiety and anxiety based depression conditions. Call: 08444 775 774. Lines are open Mon-Fri 9:30am - 5.30pm. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened