If you think you or someone you know has been bullied or harassed there is a variety of support options available to both students and staff.  

For students and staff  

  • Dignity Advisors.  An advisor can talk through the University's procedures, how to make a complaint and what support is available, in confidence
  • Equality and Diversity Office. The team provides advice, support and guidance on equality, diversity and inclusion related issues to students, academic advisors and other staff in student-supporting roles. 

For Students

  • Your School. If you are a student you can talk to your academic adviser. 
  • Student Advice and Wellbeing. This University service offers support and advice on issues affecting your student life, with signposting and referral to more specialist services. If you are not sure where to go, this is a good place to start. Find them in room SL48 on the lower ground floor of the Paul Webley Wing. 
  • Counselling Service. The University’s team of professional counsellors, psychotherapists and mental health workers offers confidential support. This service is available through Student Advice and Wellbeing.  
  • SOAS SU Student Advice Centre. Advisors provide an academic and welfare service that is confidential, free and independent of the University. They aim to give practical advice and advocacy to all SOAS Students.
  • Mitigating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for mitigating circumstances. Your academic advisor will be able to provide more information. 

For staff 

  • Human Resources. If you are a member of staff or manager your HR partner will be able to identify the support that’s available for you. 
  • Trade Unions. There are three trade unions that represent staff at the University: Unison, Unite and UCU. 

Other sources of support 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened